Christopher D. Ling, AIA, NCARB, PP, LEEDap
Christopher D. Ling is an award-winning registered architect and professional planner who has been working in the construction industry since 1986. He is licensed in fifteen states plus DC and holds a national certification for architecture.
He was chair of the AIA New Jersey Professional Practice Committee and maintains an active design practice. Mr. Ling is a highly experienced architect expert who has written reports in more than 1,000 construction cases amounting to $2 billion in claims and includes providing testimony in multiple mediations, arbitrations and court appearances, including federal court.
In addition to his testifying experience, Mr. Ling also leads educational webinars, teaches seminars to the NJ State Bar Association’s Construction Law Practice and has been published in various publications.
Mr. Ling founded ARCHforensic to assist attorneys and insurance companies with the resolution of their construction litigation claims. He is directly responsible for all litigation support through physical investigations, analysis, report writing and expert witness testimony.
Mr. Ling has analyzed all aspects of construction projects to support clients in resolving disputes and litigation. His leadership, knowledge, experience and thorough analysis have been very effective in resolving construction disputes before litigation because of his ability to explain complex design and construction issues in a simple and clear manner.
Mr. Ling has managed project risk to avoid potential issues by reviewing and commenting on the construction documents including: drawings, specifications, project controls, schedule, budget and general conditions. He brings his experience in construction litigation to bear on risk analysis to help his clients avoid litigation.
Christopher D. Ling, Forensic Architect Experience
His experience includes project design, detailing, code analysis, AIA form contracts, writing quality control manuals, preparing and analyzing master facilities plans, and providing feasibility and master planning studies. He has also performed zoning and code analysis, value engineering studies, prepared and reviewed construction documents for quality assurance and quality control. He has prepared specifications and bid documents, provided bid recommendations, and provided construction administration by performing inspections and change order negotiations during the construction of various projects.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Washington, DC
- Rhode Island
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- New Jersey
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- NCARB Certificate
United States Green Building Council
- LEED Accredited Professional
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Society of American Value Engineers International
- Associate Value Specialist
- “Ski Condo or Lake House in Vermont” Televised Episode, HGTV Househunters, (January 1, 2019)
- ” Steep Seat Hazards: Have Arenas Created a Danger for Spectators?“Televised Interview with Christopher D. Ling, AIA, CBS Inside Edition, (November 16, 2017)
- “Avoiding Construction Litigation: An Interview with Christopher D. Ling, AIA,” Lawyer Monthly, (June 2017)
- Christopher D. Ling, AIA “Chris’ Corner,” AIA Newark and Suburban Architects e-Rostrum, (April 2011)
- Christopher D. Ling, AIA, “Chris’ Corner,” AIA Newark and Suburban Architects e-Rostrum, (March 2011)
- “Forensic Architecture and the Architect’s Standard of Care,” University of Hartford (October 2018)
- “Construction Defects: Piercing the Corporate Veil and Fraud,” DC Bar, (April 2018)
- “Construction Defects: Piercing the Corporate Veil and Fraud,” New Jersey State Bar Association, (November 2017)
- “Construction Defects: Standards and Standard of Care,” New Jersey State Bar Association, (November 2013)
- “Untangling Construction Disputes,” AIA-New Jersey Continuing Education, (2010)
To contact Mr. Ling, click here or call (833) 427-2487. To keep up with the latest, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Contact ARCHforensic®️LLC here or call (833) 427-2487.